Dulcimer made of oak-faced plywood with the shape of a rectangular soundbox, with two circular soundholes on the top. It has thirteen strings (plain steel and silver-wound) attached to steel screws (functioning as hitch pins), which are inserted on the top ends of the box (long axis), and probably mounted on hardwood blocks inside the soundbox. The tuning pins are made of chrome-plated steel and the two bridge bars are made of a light wood (maple?).
Dinkel, Emma G.M.
Stroud District (Cowle) Museum
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Stroud (Timezone: Europe/London)
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:314.122 True board zithers with resonator box (box zither)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Paper label inside with partial handwritten inscription: (handwritten) APRIL 1968 / MADE BY / EMMA G. M. DINKEL / (printed) THE GRANGE / BUSSAGE / NR. STROUD / GLOS.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:314.122 True board zithers with resonator box (box zither)
- Repository:Stroud District (Cowle) Museum
- Measurements:Length: 635mm; Width: 205mm; Height: 80mm