Bassoon made of stained maple in four sections (wing, butt, bass and bell), with brass mounts and keywork. It has nine keys mounted on brass saddles, with flat covers and touches, and with flat springs attached to keys. The fingerholes are bushed with lighter wood. The crook and the top ferrule of the wing-joint are missing. Nominal pitch: C.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped in bell and wing joint: BILTON / LONDON / [unicorn head]|Stamped in butt joint: BILTON / LONDON / [unicorn head] / 9 WESTMINSTER / BRIDGE ROAD|Stamped in bass joint: BILTON / FECIT / LATE APPRENTICE AND FOR'N TO / CRAMER LONDON / [unicorn head]
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.112 (Single) oboes with conical bore
- Repository:Stroud District (Cowle) Museum
- Measurements:Height: 1235mm