Duty bugle in B-flat
Double coiled duty bugle made of copper with brass trimmings (rim, bow guard, ferrules, mouthpiece receiver, chain loop brace, chain). Tab-seamed tubing. Nickel-silver mouthpiece chained to the instrument. Nominal pitch: 4 1/2-ft Bb. Used by the Royal Irish Regiment.
Henry Potter & Co [Corporation]
National Army Museum
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
London (Timezone: Europe/London)
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Worsted cord with tassels of red, yellow and blue colours.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Repository:National Army Museum
- Measurements:Length: 278mm; Height: 185mm; Bell diameter: 104mm