Double-coiled, all brass bugle with three piston valves. One of the coils is a circular loop at the distal bow. French-rim. Brass mouthpiece with ligature tuning system. Finger hook-plate on bell. Two ring-plates for cord located on the inner side of bows. Nominal pitch: 4-foot C.
second half of 19th century
National Army Museum
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Milan (Timezone: Europe/Rome)
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.231.11 Valve bugles with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Yellow cord and tassels attached to the instrument.
- Inscriptions:Embossed circular metal plaque on bell: PELITTI / [coat of arms plaque] / MILANO|Stamped on valve casings: 1 2 3
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.11 Valve bugles with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:National Army Museum
- Measurements:Length: 345mm; Height: 210mm; Bell diameter: 126-133mm