Large, flat and solid cast brass plaque of a roughly triangular shape with upcurved ends (pagoda roof shape). A single hole on the top for a suspension cord, which will attach the plaque to its respective wooden frame stand. This plaque was presented by Col. Maurice Browne, MC, to the Middlesex Regiment in memory of Burma 1906.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Inscription on one of the sides in Burmese script.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:111.221 (Individual) percussion plaques
- Repository:National Army Museum
- Measurements:Plaque: Width: 510mm; Height: 375mm; Depth: app. 30mm. Stand: Height: 1045mm; Width: 748mm; Depth: 380mm.