Military bass drum
Military bass drum with emblazoned wooden shell (metallic painting) and wooden counterhoops, with 28-inch synthetic heads mounted in aluminum flesh hoop. Rod-tensioning with claws and double-sided wall lugs (10 rods). Used by the Hong Kong Military Service Corps.
G. Potter & Co [Corporation]
National Army Museum
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Aldershot (Timezone: Europe/London)
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:211.212.12 Individual double-skin cylindrical drums, both heads played
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Heraldic emblazonment of the Hong Kong Military Service Corps, with Royal Coat of Arms, and cap badge (Chinese dragon passant).
- Inscriptions:Painted on shell in black gothic script, on a golden rectangle: George Potter & Co. Potter's Corner ALDERSHOT|Metal plate on vent hole: Premier / England / 006923|Logo graphic on heads: Premier / TS Heads
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:211.212.12 Individual double-skin cylindrical drums, both heads played
- Repository:National Army Museum
- Measurements:Width: 375mm; Diameter: 730mm