Presentation bugle in B-flat
Double-coiled presentation bugle made of silver plated copper and brass. Ring plate for mouthpiece chain on second bow. Nominal pitch: 4-1/2-foot B-flat. This instrument was presented by Captain and Adjutant W. R. Birrel M. C., 1st Battalion, The Buffs Regiment. It belonged to the collection of the former Buffs Regimental Museum.
G. Potter & Co [Corporation]
National Army Museum
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Aldershot (Timezone: Europe/London)
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Silver-plated brass trimmings (garland, ferrule, mouthpiece receiver, ring plate) were engraved and/or embossed with geometrical shields.
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell: G. POTTER & Co. / ALDERSHOT|Engraved on bell: PRESENTED / CAPTAIN & ADJUTANT / W. R. BIRRELL. M. C. / 1ST BATTALION / THE BUFFS
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Repository:National Army Museum
- Measurements:Length: 250mm; Height: 178mm; Bell diameter: 99-104mm