Bagpipe practice chanter made of dark wood in two sections: integral mouthpiece and wind-cap, and chanter pipe with a double reed and seven fingerholes. Wind-cap socket ferrule and chanter sole made of ivory. Sealed pattern labels attached to the instrument.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on top joint: BESSON & Co. / LONDON|Stamped on both joints: [broad arrow] / M / 19
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.112 (Single) oboes with conical bore
- Repository:National Army Museum
- Measurements:Height: 483mm; Sole diameter: 50mm