Two-drone Irish bagpipes with simple chanter and a green bag cover. Pipes and stocks made of dark wood with ivory ferrules, bushes and sole. Conical-bore chanter with seven fingerholes and an additional vent hole at the distal end. Blowpipe with integral mouthpiece. Bass drone made in three sections. Tenor drone made in two sections. Sealed pattern label attached to bag.
first half of 20th century
R. G. Lawrie [Corporation]
National Army Museum
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Glasgow (Timezone: Europe/London)
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.112+422.22-62 Conical double-reed chanter + set of cylindrical single-reed drones; flexible air reservoir
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Green wool cord and tassels.
- Inscriptions:Stamped on chanter: MADE IN SCOTLAND / R. G. LAWRIE / GLASGOW / REGAL / REG.D
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.112+422.22-62 Conical double-reed chanter + set of cylindrical single-reed drones; flexible air reservoir
- Repository:National Army Museum
- Measurements:Length (assembled): 950mm; Chanter: Height: 364mm; Sole diameter: 76mm; Blowpipe length: 335mm; Bass drone length: 745mm; Tenor drone length: 390mm; Bag: Length: 685mm; Width: 380mm; Height: 130mm"