Side Drum, aluminium, 1902-1914; used by the Royal Irish Regiment; metal impressed on right with maker’s name, George Potter and Co, Aldershot; front panel painted blue with royal arms on four union flags in centre, inscribed with regimental name, to left and right are scrolls bearing battle honours and maker’s name painted in red on either side; flesh hoops and drum heads whole; eight rope holes with brass slides; white blancoed cord and buff slides; white blancoed drag rope; three square brass legs on upper hoop, painted blue outside with red edge and white worm and white inside with red edge and blue worm; seven snares.
G. Potter & Co [Corporation]
National Army Museum
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Aldershot (Timezone: Europe/London)