Bass Drum, aluminium, 1905-1914; used by the 2nd Battalion Connaught Rangers; front painted blue with royal arms, George V cypher and regimental name in centre, below is a harp and crown below a scroll inscribed with a motto, below are two columns of scrolls inscribed with battle honours; impressed with maker’s name, Henry Potter and Co, London and painted with renovator’s name in bottom, George Potter and Co, Aldershot; flesh hoops whole; discoloured drum heads; fifteen rope holes with brass cord slides; white blancoed cord and blancoed buff slides; plaited, single ply drag rope; hoops painted with black and yellow dog tooth pattern outside and white inside’.
Henry Potter & Co [Corporation]
National Army Museum
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
London (Timezone: Europe/London)