Side Drum, brass, 1902-1914 (c); used by the 2nd Battalion Connaught Rangers; front painted blue and bears a harp and crown in centre above a scroll inscribed with a motto to the left is an elephant and to the right is a sphinx, above is a scroll inscribed with regimental name, to the left and right are columns of scrolls inscribed with battle honours; impressed on back with maker’s name Henry Potter and Co, London and painted with renovator’s name, Henry Potter; flesh hoops and drum heads whole; eight brass cord holes on upper hoop with screw slides on lower hoop; hoops painted red outside with black dog tooth pattern and white inside with red edge and blue worm; iron rods; eight snares; brass hook pick up.
Henry Potter & Co [Corporation]
National Army Museum
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
London (Timezone: Europe/London)