Side Drum, brass, 1911; used by the 1st Battalion Royal Dublin Fusiliers; front painted blue/ black bearing royal arms in centre below George V cypher and regimental name, the whole on a trophy of union flags above a scroll bearing a motto, either side are battle honours, and to the right the maker’s name, Henry Potter and Co, London, is impressed in metal; flesh hoops and drum heads whole; nine cord holes; white blancoed cord; straight, plaited drag rope; three ball legs on upper hoop painted blue/ black outside with red edge and white worm, and white inside with red edge and blue worm; six snares.
Henry Potter & Co [Corporation]
National Army Museum
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
London (Timezone: Europe/London)