Side Drum, brass, 1906, repainted 1911 (c); used by the 1st Battalion Royal Dublin Fusiliers; front painted blue/ black, bearing royal arms in centre below George V cypher and regimental name, the whole on a trophy of union flags below a flaming grenade which bears the arms of Dublin, battle honours and a motto, with battle honours on either side; maker’s name, Henry Potter, London is impressed in metal to the right of the battle honours; flesh hoops and upper drum head whole, lower head torn; nine cord holes; white blancoed cords; plaited drag rope; three ball legs on upper hoop painted blue/ black outside with red edge and white worm and white inside with red edge and blue worm; five snares.
Henry Potter & Co [Corporation]
National Army Museum
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
London (Timezone: Europe/London)