Hand held glockenspiel, 1874. Used by the 88th Regiment of Foot (Connaught Rangers); brass, lyre shaped instrument with two curved flattened side braces in brass; two brass plume sockets hang from the upper scrolls, with horse hair plume hanging from right socket; two metal bars run up the centre to support thirteen dulcimer bars of different size and pitch, attached with brass wire; a central baluster on top cross piece once supported a harp; turned wooden handle with white metal plaque inscribed with presentation inscription and below with maker’s name, H Aggio and Son, Colchester.
H. Aggio and Son
National Army Museum
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Colchester (Timezone: Europe/London)