Side Drum, aluminium, 1911-1914; used by the 2nd Battalion Royal Irish Regiment; front painted blue with royal arms in centre below George V cypher and regimental name, the whole on a trophy of union flags below a white sphinx inscribed with battle honours, to the left and right are further battle honours, a motto and maker’s name, George Potter and Co, Aldershot, painted in red either side of battle honours and impressed in metal below royal arms; twisted flesh hoops, drum heads whole; eight cord holes with brass cord slides; white blancoed cord; straight plaited drag rope; three square section legs on upper hoop painted blue/ black outside with red edge and white worm and white inside with red edge and white worm; three twisted cord snares.
National Army Museum
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Aldershot (Timezone: Europe/London)