Side drum, 1881; brass; used by the 2nd Battalion Royal Dublin Fusiliers; front painted black with royal coat of arms in centre upon flags surmounted by Queen Victoria cypher and a gold scroll inscribed in black with the regimental name, the whole above an elephant and tiger with gold edged black scroll inscribed with motto; either side are columns of scrolls inscribed with battle honours; to the right is the maker’s name, Henry Potter, London; nine holes with blancoed white cord and buff slides (replacements); plaited drag rope; three ball legs on upper hoop painted black outside with red edges and white worm and white inside with red edges and black worm; four snares in twisted hemp.
Henry Potter & Co [Corporation]
National Army Museum
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
London (Timezone: Europe/London)