Side drum, 1905 (c); brass; front painted blue with centrally flaming grenade in gold with a Bengal tiger, laurel sprays above a shamrock, gold superscribed in black with regimental name; to each side columns of scrolls are inscribed with battle honours and to the right impressed on metal is the maker’s name, Henry Potter and Co, London; flesh hoops and drum heads whole; nine rope holes with iron cord slides; three ball legs on upper hoop painted blue outside with red edge and white worm and inside painted white with red edge and blue worm; white blancoed cords; straight, plaited drag ropes; six snares; used by the 2nd Battalion Royal Munster Fusiliers.
Henry Potter & Co [Corporation]
National Army Museum
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
London (Timezone: Europe/London)