Officer's dress whistle
Conical-shaped, Beaufort type whistle made of nickel-silver with narrow mouthpiece, oval window, stop hole, case retention clip lever, and a wide cap with embossed ring that receives another ring and a nickel-silver rolo chain. Case/cover and regimental boss disc missing. This type of whistle was attached to the cross belts worn in ceremonial military uniforms.
first half of 20th century
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.221.311 Stopped flutes with internal duct, without fingerholes with fixed stopped lower end
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Small embossed vines on handle ring.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.221.311 Stopped flutes with internal duct, without fingerholes with fixed stopped lower end
- Repository:Gloucester Life
- Measurements:Length (whistle only): 45mm