Bassoon made of dark stained hardwood in four sections (wing, butt, bass and bell), with brass mounts and crook, and ivory keywork. Ten keys with flat, octagonal-shaped covers, mounted on brass saddles. Flat brass springs attached to body. F key with swallow-tail touch. D-key brass grill-guard. Seven, lighter keys appear to be later replacements. Nominal pitch: C. This instrument is part of the Albert C. Spencer collection.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped: F. G. A. KIRST / POTSDAM
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.112 (Single) oboes with conical bore
- Repository:Royal Pavilion and Museums Brighton
- Measurements:Height: 1270mm