Single-coiled, English slide trumpet made entirely of brass with a double clock-spring mechanism. Additional single-coiled crook. Small tuning bit. Brass mouthpiece with silver-plated rim. Nominal pitch: in F (without crook). This instrument is part of the Albert C. Spencer collection.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Helical ferrules with embossed floral bands at the ends. Embossed ball with geometrical motifs.
- Inscriptions:Stamped on garland: MADE BY / FREDK PACE / 15 KING ST / WESTMINSTER|Stamped on garland: SOLD BY / W. HOWLETT / NORWICH
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Royal Pavilion and Museums Brighton
- Measurements:Length: 695mm; Bell diameter: 125mm; Height: 165mm