Circular, quadruple-close-coiled bass tuba made entirely of brass, with upright bell. Three piston valves. Tab seam on bell. Original brass mouthpiece. Nominal pitch: 12-foot F. This instrument is part of the Albert C. Spencer collection."
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell: PATENT / GUARANTEE / [Royal Coat of Arms] / FIVE MEDALS / AWARDED / TO / J. HIGHAM / MAKER / F
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.2 Valve bugles with wide bore
- Repository:Royal Pavilion and Museums Brighton
- Measurements:Height: 670mm; Bell diameter: 300mm; Bore at mouthpiece: 13.5mm; Sounding length: 4190mm