Triple-coiled, upright bell bass tuba made entirely of brass. Three piston valves with screw guide (Berlin type). Triangular gusset seam on bell flare. Large brass knob on lower bow guard. This instrument is part of the Albert C. Spencer collection.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell: WOLF & FIGG / 20 SAINT MARTIN'S LE GRAND / LONDON
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.2 Valve bugles with wide bore
- Repository:Royal Pavilion and Museums Brighton
- Measurements:Height: 960mm; Bell diameter: 260mm