Buchel or small alphorn.
Technical description: Wood with three bands of cane binding around parts of the detaachable bell. The straight body has 113 turned ridges to simulate traditional alphorn binding.A brass ring reinforces the mouthpiece receiver.
Early or mid 20th century
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:A green flower transfer is applied to the top of the bell.
- Inscriptions:Printed "OEHRU" superimposed on a semiquaver on paper providing lapping of joint between body and bell.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:from far edge of bell to mouthpiece receiver 1050; bell 95-100. Sounding length: 1050.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 15.6 - 15.3.