Nominal pitch: C. 4 keys. Bore: conical. Technical description: boxwood; 5|sections; [german silver] keys; 6|domed ivory ferrules; wooden cap with concave face; metal tuning-slide (no screw-stopper or metal lining to head); oval embouchure-hole; head section distinctly conical (smaller at upper end); F key-hole is on the side away from the player. Keyhead type: cup. Keymount type: ring/knob. Usable pitch: A? c|462|Hz. Performance characteristics: range D?|-|B??; speaks with a strong sound throughout, and plays easily to B??.
Early 19th century
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 585. Sounding length: 515.