This hourglass-shaped drum is carved from a single piece of wood, and has a single snake skin head, with thick red and blue cloth wrapped around the rim.
University of Aberdeen Museums
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Papua New Guinea?
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:211.241.1 Individual single-skin hourglass-shaped drums
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:211.241.1 Individual single-skin hourglass-shaped drums
- Repository:University of Aberdeen Museums
- Measurements:H:450; D:170