Sansa or m'bira
This is sansa/m'bira is made of wood, with lamellae of iron. It has rattles made from pieces of shell, mounted on a plate of tin.
University of Aberdeen Museums
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:122.12 Lamellaphones (or plucked idiophones) with laced-on, or hooked-in lamellae, with resonator
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:122.12 Lamellaphones (or plucked idiophones) with laced-on, or hooked-in lamellae, with resonator
- Repository:University of Aberdeen Museums
- Measurements:Keys vary from L. 130 mm to L. 90 mm. Resonator L. 180 mm; B. 150 mm.