Cast copper alloy temple bell with a handle/suspension loop on the top, and no clapper, as these bells are struck from the outside with an external beater.
Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:111.242.121 (Individual) suspended bells struck from the outside
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Suspension loop with cast stylized double-dragon. The bell's surface is decorated with panels of star constellations.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:111.242.121 (Individual) suspended bells struck from the outside
- Repository:Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum
- Measurements:Diameter: 143mm