Mainly used for signaling purposes, this small slit drum is made from an hollowed trunk of wood, with a flattened top surface and two large rectangular slits connected through septum at center by narrow slit (double-slit in H-shape). It is played using two thick, roughly carved wooden beaters.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Carved on the surface: D.E.B.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:111.243 Slit drums
- Repository:Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum
- Measurements:Length: 350mm; Height: 130mm