Bassoon made of stained maple in four sections (wing, butt, bass and missing bell section), with brass mounts and keywork. It has six keys mounted on brass saddles, with flat covers and touches, and with flat springs attached to keys. The mouthpiece ferrule mount, and crook are missing. Nominal pitch: C.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bass joint: W. MILHOUSE / LONDON / 337 / OXFORD / STREET|Stamped on butt joint: W. MILHOUSE / LONDON
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.112 (Single) oboes with conical bore
- Repository:Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum
- Measurements:Height: 960mm; Width: 80mm; Depth: 55mm