Bassoon made of stained maple in four sections (wing, butt, bass and bell), with brass mounts and keywork. It has eight keys mounted on brass saddles, with flat covers and touches, and with flat springs attached to keys. It has a crook made of brass. Nominal pitch: C.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on butt and bass joints: [unicorn head] / C. GEROCK / 76 / BISHOPSGATE STT. / LONDON|Stamped on wing joint: [unicorn head] / C. GEROCK / LONDON|Stamped on bell joint: G. ASTOR & Co / LONDON / [unicorn head]
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.112 (Single) oboes with conical bore
- Repository:Cyfarthfa Castle Museum
- Measurements:Height: 1252mm