This is a parlor style reed organ with a high top (hutch) structure, a single keyboard of 61 keys (five octaves), fourteen stops (diapason forte, sub bass, vox celeste, melodia, flute; remainder are illegible), and two knee levers. It has two foot treadles that operate the bellows inside the case and activate the free reeds.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Narrow fretwork panel with red textile backing. Two appliqué carved squares with flower on central panels.
- Inscriptions:Decal on keyboard top board: The Hillier Organ Co. London.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:412.132 Sets of free reeds
- Repository:Cyfarthfa Castle Museum
- Measurements:Height: 1175mm; Width: 1170mm; Depth: 510mm