Oboe made of cocus wood in three sections (top and middle body joints, and bell), with silver-plated nickel-silver ferrules and keywork. It has nineteen cylinder-cup keys (four ring keys) mounted on posts with rods, with flat and needles springs attached to keys or posts. The low keys have ebonite rollers on the touches. The second fingerhole has a closed key. The reed receiver is lined with metal. Nominal pitch: C.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell: [tuning fork with leaves] / RAMPONE / MILANO / BREVETTATO / monogram / A. RAMPONE / Ditte riunite / B. CAZZANI C. (inside oval cartouche)|Stamped on bottom joint: [tuning fork with leaves] / RAMPONE / MILANO / BREVETTATO / [monogram]|Stamped just below the register tone-hole: [tuning fork with leaves]|Stamped on back of lower joint: S.C. / 64
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.112 (Single) oboes with conical bore
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Height: 603mm; Bell diameter: 51mm