Dance stick rattles
This instrument was collected in the field by Percy Horace Gordon Powell-Cotton. It is a pair of dance sticks, or rattles, made with long wooden sticks that contain four dried fruit shells each, containing black seeds inside.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:The top end of each stick is carved with tapering notches and geometric incisions.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:112.13 Vessel rattles
- Repository:Powell-Cotton Museum
- Measurements:Length(s): 805mm and 825mm