This instrument was bought in 1940 from Edward, Gerrard, in London. It is a small side-blown horn or trumpet made from elephant tusk. It has raised mouth- and strap-holes and the "bell" section is wrapped in animal haired skin, partially shaved. The horn was dyed in red. A small strap of vegetable fibers is attached.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.122.2 Side-blown curved labrosones
- Repository:Powell-Cotton Museum
- Measurements:Length: 290mm