This is a small, single-headed drum with a carved wooden shell, painted in black, and a animal skin membrane attached with wooden pegs. There is also a small strap of twine attached through pierced holes on the shell.
first half of 20th century
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:211.271.1 Individual single-skin cylindro-conical drums
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Geometric incisions on the surface of the shell.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:211.271.1 Individual single-skin cylindro-conical drums
- Repository:Powell-Cotton Museum
- Measurements:Height: 230mm; Diameter: 160mm