This instrument was collected by Reverend R. P. Ashe in 1893, and was part of the collection of Archdeacon Walker, from the Church Missionary Society (1893-1910). It is a small, single-headed drum with a wooden shell and an animal skin membrane attached with wooden pegs. There is a strap of twine attached to a small protruded eyelet.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Geometric carvings of triangles and horizontal lines around the cup.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:211.26 Goblet-shaped drums
- Repository:Powell-Cotton Museum
- Measurements:Height: 258mm; Diameter: 150-160mm