This is an "American Triumph Jr." trumpet model made of silver-plated brass, with a satin silver finish. It has three piston valves and one water-key with cork pad located on the main tuning slide. The piston caps and buttons are knurled, and the latter have mother-of-pearl inlay. Nominal pitch: B-flat.
Harry Pedler & Sons
National Museum of the Royal Navy
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Elkhart (Timezone: America/Indiana/Indianapolis)
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.233.1 Valve trumpets with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:The bell is engraved with geometrical lines.
- Inscriptions:Engraved on bell: AMERICAN / JR. TRIUMPH / MADE BY / HARRY PEDLER & SONS / ELKHART, IND.|Stamped on valve casings: 1 2 3
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.233.1 Valve trumpets with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:National Museum of the Royal Navy
- Measurements:Length: 560mm; Bell diameter: 115mm