This drumstick is part of the drum set made in memory of the 143 ranks of the Royal Marines Band Service who lost their lives in the First World War (1914-1918). The drums were paid for by voluntary subscriptions from all ranks of the Royal Naval School of Music and were dedicated in Eastney on the 5th March 1921. It is a wooden drumstick for military side drum painted in black colour, with hallmarked sterling silver cap on butt, and parallel grooved lines on grip.
National Museum of the Royal Navy
- Inventory number:
- Place of production: