Bass trombone in G
This is a slide bass trombone made of silver-plated brass in two sections (slide section and bell section), joined by a tenon-socket joint. The slide has a handle connected to the brace with a turned wooden grip. There is one water-key on the slide bow. Nominal pitch: 11-foot G.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Brace plates and ferrules are engraved with floral motifs.
- Inscriptions:Boosey and Hawkes Class A 1P. Made for S Rose and Co Ltd of Bombay.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:National Museum of the Royal Navy
- Measurements:Length: 1380mm; Bell diameter: 195mm; Depth of slide: 110mm