This instrument belonged to Henry Edward Hardy. It is a slide trombone made of silver-plated brass in two sections (slide section and bell section), joined by a tenon-socket joint. There is one water-key on the slide bow and a silver-plated mouthpiece. Nominal pitch: 9-foot B-flat.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Brace plates and ferrules are engraved with floral motifs. Engraved flower garland on bell.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:National Museum of the Royal Navy
- Measurements:Length: 1140mm; Bell diameter: 155mm; Depth of slide: 100mm