Military side drum
This is a military side drum with black lacquered wooden shell and chrome-plated hardware. It has 12-1/2-inch synthetic heads (Premier Percussion SD Parade Batter), a rod-tensioning system with metal counterhoops and double-sided wall lugs (8 rods). The drum has an adjustable top wire snare with lever, and a straight-lay bottom wire snare with tensioning screw lever.
National Museum of the Royal Navy
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:211.212.11 Individual double-skin cylindrical drums, one skin used for playing
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Heraldic emblazonment of the Royal Marines with Royal Coat of Arms featuring two Elizabeth II cyphers, and Royal Marines badge.
- Inscriptions:On batter head: PREMIER / PERCUSSION / SD PARADE BATTER
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:211.212.11 Individual double-skin cylindrical drums, one skin used for playing
- Repository:National Museum of the Royal Navy
- Measurements:Diameter: 330mm; Height: 330mm