Double-coiled cornet made entirely of silver-plated brass, with three piston valves and a water key located at the first bow. The main tuning-slide is the second bow. There is a separate tuning bit/mouthpiece receiver. Nominal pitch: B-flat.
Boosey & Hawkes [Corporation]
National Museum of the Royal Navy
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
London (Timezone: Europe/London)
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Bell engraved with floral motifs.
- Inscriptions:Engraved on bell: Boosey & Hawkes Ltd. (gothic script)|On bell: N.V.A
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:National Museum of the Royal Navy
- Measurements:Length: 330mm; Bell diameter: 120mm