Duty bugle in B-flat
This instrument was owned by Bugler Stanley William Vince, from the Royal Marines. It is a double-coiled duty bugle made of copper with brass trimmings (rim, bow guard, ferrule, mouthpiece receiver, and chain ring plate). It has a silver-plated mouthpiece with broken chain. Nominal pitch: 4-1/2-foot B-flat.
National Museum of the Royal Navy
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Green worsted cord.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Repository:National Museum of the Royal Navy
- Measurements:Length: 265mm; Bell diameter: 105mm