Bassoon made of ebonite in four sections (wing, butt, "bass" and bell), with nickel-silver mounts and keywork, and silver-plated crook. It has seventeen modern-style cup keys mounted in posts with rods. The F, A and B-flat keys have ebonite rollers. Nominal pitch: C.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:The D-key has a guard incorporating a “B” motif.
- Inscriptions:Stamped: BOOSEY & Co|Stamped on butt top mount: RMB 33 / RNCH / 20
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.112 (Single) oboes with conical bore
- Repository:National Museum of the Royal Navy
- Measurements:Length: 1280mm