Double-coiled, oval-shaped baritone made of brass with nickel-silver trimmings, having three rotary valves that have nickel-silver mechanical linkages and cork bumpers. There's a water-key on the main tuning slide, and a pull ring on the second valve tuning slide. The third valve tubing, the leadpipe, and the second valve bottom cap are missing. Nominal pitch: B-flat.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell: "F. Schediwy / Ludwigsburg / 1940"
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.2 Valve horns with wider bore
- Repository:National Museum of the Royal Navy
- Measurements:Height: 720mm; Diameter: 220mm