Single-coiled, copper bugle with brass trimmings (rim, mouthpiece receiver, ferrules) and keywork. It has eight flat, round-cover keys mounted in saddles, and a single-line bell seam with tabs. Nominal pitch: 4-foot C.
Pace, Charles [Person]
Museum of Army Music
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
London (Timezone: Europe/London)
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.213 Labrosones with fingerholes, with (wider) conical bore
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Garland embossed with floral motifs (thistles, roses) and an empty shield.
- Inscriptions:Engraved on bell plate: IMPROVED & MADE BY / Cha s Pace, / Musical Instrument Maker, / to her Majesty's Guards, / 49, King Street, Westminster.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.213 Labrosones with fingerholes, with (wider) conical bore
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Length: 480mm; Height: 250mm; Bell diameter: 163mm; Sounding length: 1175mm; tuning shank 146mm