This instrument design differs from the usual English slide trumpet as it has a "trombone-type" slide that extends and provides a longer extension. It is entirely made of brass with a slide that has a screw stopper and a cork bumper on handle to smooth the touch with the slide shaft. The bell seam has a triangular gusset.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Embossed flowers and foliage on bow guard of slide and ferrules. Bird on embossed plate of stem between bell and body.
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell: ANTOINE COURTOIS / FACTEUR DU CONSERVATOIRE / RUE DU CAIRE 21 PARIS
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Length: 475mm; Height: 180mm; Bell diameter: 124mm; Sounding length: 1430mm