Single-coiled, English slide trumpet made entirely of brass. It has an additional single-coiled crook, and an hallmarked silver mouthpiece with silver-plated rim. It is a T. J. Harper's improved model. Nominal pitch: F (without crook).
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Engraved on bell: 1851 / [award medals] / 1862 / T. Harper's Improved / 176 / KÖHLER & SON , / Sole Makers. / 35, Henrietta St.. Covent Garden, London.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Length: 600mm; Height: 145mm; Bell diameter: 109mm; Sounding length: 1710mm; Tube length (D crook): 410mm