Single-coiled, English slide trumpet made of brass with silver trimmings, having a double clock-spring mechanism with gut string. It has two additional single-coiled crooks, and an hallmarked silver mouthpiece with silver-plated rim. It is a T. J. Harper's improved model. Nominal pitch: F (without crooks).
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Garland embossed with floral motifs (roses, thistles, shamrocks, acanthus leaves), and shield. Helical ferrules with embossed floral bands at the ends. Embossed ball with same floral motifs and acanthus leaves.
- Inscriptions:Engraved on garland: T. HARPER'S IMPROVED MANUFACTURED BY I. KOHLER.|Engraved on clock mechanism: 80
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Length: 605mm; Height: 150mm; Bell diameter: 110mm; Sounding length: 1755mm; Tube length (D crook): 370mm; Tube length (C crook): 665mm